Chicken Alfredo is a classic Italian-American dish made with fettuccine pasta, chicken, and a rich and creamy Alfredo sauce. Here is a simple recipe for you to try:
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the fettuccine pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, and add butter. Once the butter is melted, add the chicken and cook until it is browned and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the heavy cream and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the grated Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, and parsley (if using). Cook, stirring constantly, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Add the cooked pasta and chicken to the skillet and toss until well coated with the sauce.
Serve the Chicken Alfredo hot, garnished with additional Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Here are a few variations and tips to make your Chicken Alfredo even more delicious:
- Add vegetables: You can add vegetables like mushrooms, bell peppers, or broccoli to make the dish more nutritious and flavorful.
- Add herbs: Fresh herbs like basil, thyme or oregano can be added to the sauce to give it a more complex flavor.
- Use different types of cheese: You can use different types of cheese like Romano, Asiago, or Gouda to give the dish a unique flavor.
- Use gluten-free pasta: You can use gluten-free pasta to make the dish gluten-free.
- Add some spice: You can add some red pepper flakes to give it a little kick of heat.
- Try different types of protein: Instead of chicken, you can also use shrimp, scallops, or even lobster to make a more luxurious version of the dish.
- Make it in advance: The sauce can be made a day in advance and reheated before serving.
- Leftovers: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Remember, Alfredo sauce is a simple, rich and creamy sauce that should be served immediately after making as it tends to thicken as it cools. Enjoy!
Chicken alfredo recipe with jar sauce
To get Chicken alfredo recipe with jar sauce just try the following ingredients and instructions.
- 1 pound of fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 jar (16 oz) of Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken is browned on all sides and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the Alfredo sauce and bring to a simmer. Let it cook for about 2-3 minutes, until heated through.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and toss to coat with the sauce. Cook for another minute or so, until the pasta is hot.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot and garnish with chopped parsley if desired.