Kolhapuri chicken is a spicy and flavorful dish from the Indian state of Maharashtra, known for its rich and complex blend of spices. I also love the kolhapuri Chicken. Here’s a recipe for you to try:
- 500g boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 dried red chilies
- 2 cups water
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the chicken pieces to the marinade and mix well to ensure that the chicken is well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight for best results.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onions. Cook until they turn translucent.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is browned on all sides.
- Add the dried red chilies and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and give it a final mix.
- Kolhapuri chicken is now ready to be served. Serve it hot with rice or roti.
- You can also adjust the quantity of red chili powder to suit your taste. Additionally, you can also add some freshly grated coconut to give it a richer flavor.
I hope you enjoy making and eating this delicious Kolhapuri chicken dish. As always, feel free to experiment with the recipe and adjust the ingredients and seasonings to suit your taste preferences.